Repeatedly running into issues while doing your home improvement projects? Here is what I consider five common home improvement mistakes made by the average Do-It-Yourselfer. Read up on them and see if you can avoid them in the future!
1. Whether you do it yourself or hire a contractor, you should take the time to set a budget. It is important to set a realistic budget and stick to it. Many times your vision of the project is not in line with your finances.
2. Do your research on the products that are available for the project. Flooring and paint have changed a lot in the past ten years and you will want to know the options available.
3. Knowing your limitations in home improvement will save you money. There many projects that are better left to the pros. It is costly for you to make the attempt at remodeling and then hire a pro to redo your project.
4. Do not over-remodel for your neighborhood. Just because you want a beautiful mahogany fiberglass entry door does not mean in fits in the neighborhood. Putting in a $3,000 entry door in a neighborhood of $140,000 will not look good.
5. Using cheap materials will save you money up front but will cost you long term. Always buy quality products for your projects.
Hope that these tips help! As always, I'm here if you need me. Reach out!